Parkside Montessori Reopening Information
During these challenging times, our PTA is working to help our Parkside students and families stay informed and connected. Check out the information below.
Reopening information is now posted on the Parkside Montessori website HERE
- On the school website you will find links to:
- Parkside Safety Procedures for In-Person Learning, including the Hybrid Bell Schedule in English and Spanish. It also includes the bell schedule.
- SMFCSD Reopening Health and Safety Handbook in English and Spanish.
- Parkside Hybrid Orientation Presentation (aka Hybrid Back to School Night)
- A list of COVID related Resources for families returning in hybrid.
Additionally, the Parkside School Site Council (SSC) continues to work on preparing for a safe return to in-person instruction. The SSC is a committee of staff and parents who work together with Mr. Tahai to identify and address the needs of the school community. If you have general SSC questions, please reach out to Shannon, or check out the SSC webpage HERE.
A summary of the projects underway by Site Council Reopening subcommittees is provided below:
- Assessment of classroom ventilation and filtration
- Protocol for students who need to be quarantined and picked up due to infectious concern
Site Operations (Parent Lead: Nicole P)
- Planning the utilization of classrooms and other campus spaces
- Cleaning protocols for campus spaces and materials
Outdoor Classroom (Parent Lead: Erin S)
- Assessment of the Parkside campus for outdoor instruction
- Consideration of potential models for outdoor classrooms
Communication and Education (Parent Lead: Jayme C)
- Communication with the broader Parkside community about our school’s plans and preparation for reopening
- Creating a PTA webpage with trustworthy resources on school reopening and COVID-19
- Ongoing assessment of our school community’s communication and educational needs pertaining to school reopening and COVID-19